Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Yay Christmas!

I just love Christmas! I love the food, the presents, the family time...I love the smells of cinnamon and pine trees....I really do enjoy the hustle and bustle! But most of all, I love how this time of year reminds me of my Savior. How I can't think about Christmas without being overwhelmed by His grace and mercy...how I can't stop singing for months leading up to Christmas--this may be due to the fact that I've had so many songs to learn for our Christmas production at church that I haven't been able to think about not singing! I love the thought of God's love in human flesh, given just for me.

I can't begin to imagine a life without the sheer joy of Christmas, and all that it really means. I'm not talking about Santa and snow, but the true meaning of Christmas....if it was only trees and gifts, I don't think it would be so special and mean so much. There's something to be said for family time and gifts, but what would this wonderful holiday be without the Father's Sacrifice.

For one of the few times in my life I had the opportunity to share the gospel from a pulpit at our church's Christmas concert. It was the best feeling, sharing God's love and his redemption plan. It was one of those "this is what I was made for" moments, when I could feel God's pleasure over me; a true act of worship.

Here's the gist of it: redemption. Christ came to save us from captivity, defeat, death. Although we may not feel like "sinners", we are. And the only way to be cleansed from this sin is to make Christ Lord of our hearts. It's so simple really, but it's a long, hard, rewarding road!

"It is for freedom Christ has set us free!"

No comments:

Look it up!